Each piece of FAIRLEY jewellery is hand constructed and requires delicate handling. We use sterling silver and our gold pieces are all hand plated with 24k Italian gold. All jewellery (including earring hooks and posts) are nickel-free. Damage from careless wear/storage is not the responsibility of FAIRLEY.
Here are some tips to ensure your pieces retain their beauty:
- Polished sterling silver - polish occasionally with a polishing cloth
- Matte silver - clean with liquid silver cleaner
- Pearls - clean with mild soapy water
- Avoid exposing your jewellery to perfume, aerosols and cosmetics. This may tarnish and dull its appearance. Using a silver jewellery cleaner or polishing cloth to restore its shine easily fixes tarnishing.
Avoid wearing your jewellery while showering or cleaning. Household cleaners and soaps can contain chemicals that may be harmful to your jewellery.
- Avoid exposing your gemstones to salt water. This may dull and erode your beautiful stones.
- Avoid exposing sterling silver to chlorine as it can tarnish its sparkle.
- Always remove your jewellery before sleeping or participating in sport as it may be damaged.
- Store your jewellery in the FAIRLEY pouch provided with your purchase and try to keep pieces apart so that they don’t rub together and become scratched or tangled. Our FAIRLEY pouches also offer a degree of tarnish prevention and storing your jewellery in this way will keep the jewellery looking its best.